• Use hand-welding, flame-cutting, hand soldering, or brazing equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products. [SOC]
• Causes of allergic contact dermatitis include colophony flux, chromates, and nickel.
• "Collectively, available longitudinal data on decline of lung function in welders and respiratory symptoms suggest a greater effect in those who smoke, supporting a focus on smoking cessation as well as control of fume exposure in this trade." [PMID 23258779]
• "We found no increased risk of developing cataract among Danish metal welders who worked with arc welding from 1950-1985. This may be attributed to the effectiveness of personal safety equipment." [PMID 27243234]
• See the process "Welding" and the agent "Welding fumes (not otherwise specified)."